Sunday, May 18, 2008

Turkish Delight

We are safely and gladly in Istanbul (although there was one point this morning at which I did not think I'd make it safely to Istanbul... that is another story, entirely).

Our hotel is lovely with a most beautiful view of the city, including the Blue Mosque and Aya Sofia, the Bosphorus Strait, and the Marmaris Sea from the rooftop terrace.

I got TOTALLY lost on the way to the hotel, but made some excellent friends who were very helpful to me who (a) called the hotel, (b) served me tea, (c) sat and visited about life, travelling, the world in general, and the benefit of having a postive outlook, (d) sent his nephew with me to walk me to the hotel and carry my heavier bag. I love Turkey.

We are going to find dinner now, then going back to meet up with my new friends at the carpet shop. Tomorrow we are touring Istanbul and will be on an overnight bus tomorrow evening.

More soon...

4 comments:

mom said...

Ah...you got a little cranberry sauce with your turkey? watch out for those charmers and their tea!

Melanie said...

thought you'd enjoy knowing that lincoln has been (incorrectly, of course- he's not a SUPER genius) translating things into Spanish for me allll morning. he says he wants to talk like Dora, Diego, and Tia.

Marianne said...

Hmmm...what's been going on in Austin since you two have been gone? Well, Lance Armstrong and Kate Hudson are dating. They were spotted at Eddie V's and Hula Hut over the weekend.

Of course, I only know this because I read perezhilton.com and NOT because I saw them. My exciting weekend was spent at Home Depot:) Come back soon!

mom said...

well...kate hudson's ex is dating one of Mitsi's classmates from high school. at least he WAS the last I heard. small world.