Friday, May 9, 2008

Ramses' Revenge

My, my, but it's been a long 20 hours or so.


It seems that something at the fancy restaurant on the Nile where we had dinner last evening did not sit so well with my delicate American digestive system. I am feeling more like myself now, thanks to fabulous prescriptions medications (which are delivered to your home without even having to see a doctor), the food of infants (popsicles, pudding, apple juice, and saltines have gotten me through the day), and the kind consideration of my friends.


Since our respective others are away in foreign lands, Anissa and I have decided we're sort of like a couple on this trip. Indeed, she was there to bring me "a cup of water in the night" all last evening (actually cups of club soda & apple juice). Then, though she hardly got any sleep, either, Anissa spent the day touring the Egyptian Museum and several mosques with a tour guide (who apparently was drop dead gorgeous). I spent the day in bed/in the bathroom, moaning. It was anything but gorgeous.

However, I'll tell you that God really knew what was up with our scheduling today. We were supposed to be on an overnight train bound for Luxor by this point in the evening, but instead will be flying there (tomorrow morning at 7:00am). So, if I had to be sick, at least it happened while we were still here in Alice's lovely and comfortable home, which has an abundance of medications and child foods, and not stuck on some ratty train, tiny boat, or questionable hotel.

Since we'll be cruising the Nile from tomorrow until next Wednesday, I'm guessing that blogging will be limited. As soon as we're again near a computer, I'll update you on our comings and goings throughout the land. Also, photos have been somewhat challenging to upload--you may have to be content with the pyramid shots for now (though those from the Coptic church are so delicious that I can hardly wait to post them).

Much love and happy tummy thoughts to all... I'll be in touch as soon as I can. :)

2 comments:

Henry said...

don't forget that the added bonuses of Ramses' Revenge include dehydration, which you might already be fighting. replenish your salts and potassiums as well as water.

Unknown said...

and I'm cleaning house after midnight...